School of Business
Department of Business and Enterprise
Maths Study Group
Archive of Talks/Visits 2009–2010
Maths Study Group Home Page Back to Archive
- Wednesday, 30th June 2010, outing to the LMS Popular Lectures at the Institute of Education.
- Wednesday, 23rd June 2010, Tony Forbes, Open University, Algebraic and transcendental numbers IV.
- Wednesday, 16th June 2010, Jon Selig, TBA.
- Wednesday, 2nd June 2010, Jon Selig, TBA.
- Wednesday, 26th May 2010, Tony Forbes, Open University, Algebraic and transcendental numbers III.
- Wednesday, 19th May 2010, outing to a one-day colloquia at Queen Mary. Details are at http://www2.lse.ac.uk/maths/Seminars/Colloquia_in_Combinatorics.aspx.
- Wednesday, 5th May 2010, an outing to Roger Penrose's talk at Queen Mary: "Aeons of Time: Some New Developments in Cosmology"
- Wednesday, 28th April 2010, Tony Forbes, Open University, Algebraic and transcendental numbers II.
- Wednesday, 21st April 2010, Tony Forbes, Open University, Algebraic and transcendental numbers I.
- Wednesday, 31st March 2010, Tony Forbes, Open University, Partition rank and crank.
- Friday, 26th March 2010, Bhalchandra Thatte (Oxford), Reconstructing population pedigrees and hypergraphs.
- Wednesday, 24th March 2010, outing to hear Lord Julian Hunt, Applications to climate policy, LIMS.
- Wednesday, 17th March 2010, outing to the Oxford 1-day combinatorics meeting.
- Wednesday, 10th March 2010, outing to Alan Sokal's inaugural lecture at UCL.
- Wednesday, 3rd March 2010, 2010 New Year Lecture, Lowell Beineke, Indiana University - Purdue University Fort Wayne and Wolfson College, University of Oxford, Decycling Graphs.
- Wednesday, 17th February 2010, we watched Horizon's Infinity and beyond.
- Wednesday, 10th February 2010, outing to Marcus du Sautoy's talk on The secret mathematicians, Royal Society.
- Wednesday, 3rd February 2010, Jon Selig, Cross Ratios.
- Wednesday, 27th January 2010, Tony Forbes, Open University, Cycle switching in Steiner triple systems.
- Wednesday, 20th January 2010, outing to Boris Khoruzhenko's Inaugural Lecture on Random matrix puzzles, Queen Mary, University of London.
- Wednesday, 13th January 2010, Carrie Rutherford, P Matrices.
- Wednesday, 6th January 2010, Robin Whitty, The Friendship Theorem.
- Wednesday, 16th December 2009, Robin Whitty, Dinur's proof of the PCP Theorem.
- Wednesday, 9th December 2009, Robin Whitty, Introduction to the PCP Theorem.
- Wednesday, 25th November 2009, Murad Banaji, Department of Medical Physics, University College London, Combinatorial approaches to injectivity of functions.
- Wednesday, 18th November 2009, Graham Eaton, Open University, Asymptotic Analysis.
- Wednesday, 11th November 2009, Carrie Rutherford, Z_4 Codes.
- Wednesday, 4th November 2009, outing to the 2nd Old Codgers' Combinatorics Meeting, Reading.
- Wednesday, 21st October 2009, Jon Selig, Simplicial Complexes.
- Wednesday, 14th October 2009, Robin Whitty, A Guided Tour of Theorem County.
- Wednesday, 30th September 2009, Graham Eaton, Open University, The Mandelbrot Set.
- Wednesday, 23rd September 2009, Tony Forbes, Open University, Eleven billion Steiner triple systems of order 19 cont.
- Wednesday, 16th September 2009, Francis McDonnell, The Reformulation of Integer Programmes with Emphasis on the Fibonacci Inequalities (Or How I Nearly Touched Upon Matroids Much Earlier).
Comments or queries about the Maths Study Group
or this page: Carrie Rutherford